Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Quick Post: Hit Girl (2014)


My Hit Girl "cosplay" definitely wins the award for most thrown together/quickest costume I've ever done. A friend of mine wanted to do a costumed bar crawl after an event. Sadly, the costume I had worn to that event involved a large fake sword and a corset, and was just generally uncomfortable and not bar-crawling friendly. So I pulled out my costume box and tore apart my closet to see what I could do. I soon realized that I could make a Hit Girl costume from the comic Kick Ass easily with what I already owned.

At the 99 Cent Only store the previous year, I had found three very cheap wigs in purple, blue, and blond. I knew they would come in handy for cosplay someday, so I grabbed one of each. Now, armed with a 99 cent purple wig, a black stocking I cut into a face-mask, a black leather jacket I already loved, a skirt with leggings underneath, my knee-pads left over from my Jason Todd cosplay, and black ankle boots, I was ready to be Hit Girl, no extra cost or time required. 

Hit Girl from the Kick Ass first movie
For something so thrown together, it was neat that so many people recognized the costume, some yelling "Hit Girl!" from across the street. I also saw one of the patrolling Seattle superheroes that night, which seemed fitting. Certainly not my most intensive costume, but it's proof that creativity (and a costume box) can go a long way. ~ LK


No comments:

Post a Comment