Thursday, March 10, 2016

Cosplay: Harley Quinn (2012)

Another event day-before cosplay: DC Comics' Harley Quinn


After Phoenix's Mobile Karaoke Unit announced a Villain Karaoke event, I decided to take inspiration from the 2009 Batman: Arkham Asylum design of Harley Quinn and get some villainous thrift-shopping on!

Thankfully, a nearby Salvation Army had a red and black bra that matched the character design. A ruffly skirt that was just about PERFECT and a men's shirt I could cut and tie were next, followed by some knee socks in red and black (that I later cut apart) to simulate Harley's dual-tone arm and leg covers.

The toy section had a broken pop-gun, and the jewelry section had a red choker that seemed very "Harley-ish." For everything, the total cost was around $17.

I picked up a basic red party mask ($2.99) at a Party-City and cut it
down and decorated it with sharpie to make the two-tone pattern. A pair of ridiculous never-able-to-wear-again red fishnet tights (the most expensive article at $6.99) was the final piece.

After some white face-paint and wresting my hair into pigtails, I was ready for some villainous karaoke!


No clowning, I'm pretty proud of how this 24 hour, under $30 costume turned out!
~ LK

No comments:

Post a Comment